Thursday, February 10, 2011

Joshua Budich's "Save Ferris" Art Print

"Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, 'I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.' Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people." - Ferris Bueller
I don't normally start off a post with a quote, but come on, it's freaking Ferris Bueller's Day Off! As you may or may not know Gallery 1988 in Venice is having a show inspired by all things John Hughes, entitled "The Road to Shermer: A Tribute to John Hughes." I'll probably put a post up later this weekend about the amazing artwork still available from the show, but I just had to share this little gem with everyone. If you weren't lucky enough to get Jay Ryan's LEGENDARY Ferris Bueller poster, this is the next best thing, or the perfect compliment, depending which camp you fall in.

Save Ferris
Budich's "Save Ferris" art print is bloody brilliant. He doesn't try to get too clever with the design, or take abstract artistic liberties with the characters. Nope. Instead, Joshua gives it to us straight. He took the characters we grew up with and adore, and lovingly shoved them all onto a 24" x 36" piece of paper. And the color is spot on. Any color, other than red, would have felt almost sacrilegious. If you take a look at Joshua's other work, you'll immediately see he's great at depicting the human form, especially the face, and this poster is no different. All of the cast, from Matthew Broderick to Jeffrey Jones to Alan Ruck look pitch perfect in Budich's now very recognizable style. This one is sure to go fast!

The "Save Ferris" prints are signed, numbered and limited to an edition of 75. A portion of the prints (35 to be exact) will be available for sale at the show tomorrow (2/11). If there are any leftovers from the original 35, they will be sold through Gallery 1988's website. The rest of the 75 prints will be available through Joshua Budich's site at a later date. I highly recommend signing up for the man's newsletter as that will probably be the best source for release details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Trolling, Please.