Thursday, January 26, 2012

Tracie Ching's "The Princess" Art Print

I meant to write about this on Monday, but up until recently I've been sans any quality blogging time. Finally, now that I've got a few moments to myself, I can share with everyone the wonderful artwork of Tracie Ching. I didn't know much about Tracie (read: nothing at all, actually), but her incredibly classy Leia inspired "The Princess" blew me away.

"The Princess" Art Print
Tracie Ching
16" x 20" - Signed and Numbered
$30 - Limited to 50
Inspired By: Star Wars

I'm not entirely sure why this print so immediately clicked with me, but I think it mostly has to do with how simple and elegant the design is. I especially like the fact that Tracie's depiction of Leia isn't perfectly symmetrical. I think with these straight-on portraits, it's so easy to be tempted into creating an unrealistic proportionality, and while there's no denying that sometimes the art can call for that, I like the authenticity that a little intentional imperfection brings to the table. I'll admit, I'm not as familiar with the Star Wars emblems as I should be, but I'm assuming the standard behind her head has something to do with her political affiliation in the film's universe. My ignorance of galactic legislative machinations aside, I love how the emblem frames Leia's head and creates a sort of politically-charged halo. This poster just totally works for me, and I'm finding myself really digging Tracie's minimal style.

"The Princess" Close-up
"The Princess" Close-up

Tracie Ching's "The Princess" poster is currently available through her storefront for $30. The screen print measures 16" x 20" and is limited to an edition of 50. If you can't spare the money right now, Tracie is also running a "Princess" print contest, where she'll be giving away two copies of her Leia inspired poster. Be sure to visit her website, Facebook page and DeviantArt blog for contest info. And if you'd like to know more about the lady behind this very neat and nerdy artwork, check out all of the previously mentioned blogs / sites and follow her on Twitter @tracieching.

"The Admiral" Art Print
Tracie Ching
16" x 20" - Signed and Numbered
$40 (Currently $35 on Kickstarter) - Edition Size TBD
Inspired By: Star Wars

If "The Princess" still isn't enough Star Wars for you, I thought I'd also mention Tracie's next print, "The Admiral," which can currently be purchased by donating at least $35 to her "Admiral" Kickstarter project. I'm a big fan of her Ackbar inspired poster and have already chipped in my money toward this worthy cause. But most importantly, be confident in the knowledge that...it's NOT a trap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Trolling, Please.