Thursday, July 26, 2012

Poster Per Diem: Christopher Lee's "Star Wars" Movie Poster

Quick note: Apologies! I didn't put together a "Poster Per Diem" for Tuesday or Wednesday this week, so I'll be posting three of them today. Now, on with the show!

For those wondering what the hell "Poster Per Diem" is / means / smells like, here's my not at all concise description. If you visit this site with any regularity, you already know I tend to write reviews for film and television inspired prints that are either currently on sale or are about to go on sale. And while I'll still be pouring the majority of my efforts into these sorts of posts, my daily "Poster Per Diem" feature will focus on awesome prints that have since sold out, never existed in the first place (AKA concept posters) or just bears mentioning. In other words: this is my chance to say, "I never got a chance, for whatever reason, to write about you on this here website, but I think you're really purty and I want to let the world know." Or something like that. Oh, and Per diem is latin for "per day" or "each day."

Star Wars Movie Poster
Christopher Lee
16" x 20" (Giclée) - Signed
Sold Out

The Empire Strikes Back Movie Poster
Christopher Lee
16" x 20" (Giclée) - Signed
Sold Out
Return of the Jedi Movie Poster
Christopher Lee
16" x 20" (Giclée) - Signed
Sold Out

If the Star Wars and Schoolhouse Rock! met at a bar one night, got really, really drunk (like blackout drunk), grabbed a room at the local Super 8 and made messy, kinky, beautiful, unprotected love, their child would probably look something like these prints. Artist Christopher Lee (not to be confused with the Hammer Films legend) was able to capture all the fun parts from the Star Wars series and made something that every nerd needs to own. You can find more of Christopher's artwork at thebeastisback.com and follow him on Twitter @thebeast_isback.

Also, I'd like to give a tip of the hat to reader Robert Sheppard for pointing me toward some really awesome artwork (including these fantastic Christopher Lee prints). As an FYI to everyone out there, if there's a an awesome print you want me to write about, send me a line at posterocalypse@gmail.com. I may not write about it, but then again, I might.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Trolling, Please.